Monday, March 26, 2012

What is My Motivation in Posting this Blog?

Effective Cures Can be Cheap

I would say that my efforts, energy and enthusiasm in doing this blog have been relentless;  my eyes are suffering.  And what do I get from this materially?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  I might even be on collision paths with former students who are making a living on mainstream medicine  or even friends from Pharma (I used to be pharma drug rep.)

It is a question of more opportunity seizing by MDs and pharma, and being socially responsible.  Yes I think social entrep has a place in health care.  A healthy nation that does not spend much is a wealthy nation.  Health care must be made affordable ;   the other 50%, the meds can be made cheap true natural foods and nutrition.  Thailand has been able to do this, why cant we;  do we have to follow the US model that might have to look for other models as the news of forthcoming economic woes are in the horizon

And the cures too can be made less radical, less expensive and and more effective;  cure rates can be upped.

That is about economics.

For the patient, reading more on his ailment from his blog can bring in a glimmer of hope.  And for those who think the heavens have closed down on him, all that matter is that glimmer of hope. For just one patient where this blog can help, that is effort well spent and rewarding.

Today I met Ben, a colleague in biking who seemed to have BPH;  I mentioned to him my blog on tips for BPH and he seemed to welcome this and was happy. (please blog:

When I showed my brother who is sick with cancer this blog, he seemed to respond positively and seemed worthwhile doing this journey.

More knowledge can bring courage to the patient; truly, what you do not know can kill you (to paraphrase Hosea)

0 comments:

Post a Comment