Thursday, March 29, 2012

Congressman Wants to Know the Thailand Health Care Model

Effective Cures Can be Cheap

I met with a classmate who is now a congressman.  His platform for development is entrepreneurial education and health care.  I told him I happen to teach entrepreneurship and runs a blog on that topic :
ProfJorgeEntrep and I do lectures and join the Go Negosyo seminars.

And then I told him that I have a blog for low cost cures and alternatives and have a blog Cheapcures

I mentioned that we must look at the Thailand example for affordable health care as mandated by the king.  A Thai gets admitted for all diseases at public or private hospital for only 30 bahts.  This is made possible by price caps, universal health care, an efficient IT infrastructure that reports on prevalent diseases and drug inventory to minimize inventories and having drugs available where is needed.  The social entrepreneurs are trying to eradicate causes of lifestyle diseases that is eating most of the budget for health care.

NuIdea Share on Low Cost Health Care in Thailand

He wants further research so that legislation may be introduced or correct the existing ones.

He called on me to help in the entrepreneurial education (for free)

0 comments:

Post a Comment