Thursday, May 23, 2013

Exercise - Yoga and Strength Training good for aging people

Live healthy and long

From Dr. Mercola fitness | May 17 2013

Many senior Americans do not get enough exercise (or visit the gym)

I met a senior citizen today who said he is joining a triathlon.  I cant now.  I hate the swimming part.  But I can do the bike and the running part.

The seniors can do strength training, high intensity interval training or engage in yoga.

Benefits of exercise are:

l. Improved sleep;

2.  Preventing falls and fractures;

3.  Improved mood and mental health;

4.  Reducing risk of medical condition as heart disease, dementia, Type 2 diabetes depression, cancer and other types of premature death

It is never too late to exercise.  I have seen plenty of senior citizen and converse with them, over 60 who can still bike up Antipolo and are very strong (ehem like me)

0 comments:

Post a Comment