Friday, July 26, 2013

How to make yourself mosquito proof?

Live healthy and long

From Dr. Mercola archive | July 22, 2013

Summer in USA means tick and mosquito bite.  In the PHL, is is mosquito season all year round.

How do you fend off mosquiitos - the most lethal animal on earth -  even more lethal than suicide bombers, plane and auto crashes.?

Well the first to avoid is DEET - which is found to have harmful effects.

Your other options include

l. Spraying with citronella oil. Citronella grass is plentiful in PHL and I planted several in my yard. Are the mosquitoes less in my house (I think so)

2.  Cinnamon oil leaf (for killing mosquitoes)

3.  Clear vanilla extract with olive oil

4.  Catnip oil

For reducing itchiness and swelling from  insect bites, you can use the following:

l.  hot and cold compress

2.  cucumbers

3.  aloe vera

4.  basil

5.  peppermint

I have the 5.  Fortunately, I think there is not much mosquito near our house despite breeding ground for mosquitoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment