Friday, May 11, 2012

Stress Test are sometimes Unnecessary for Chest Pains

Please check out the article I read at Newsmaxhealth.com:

 



A stress test

This article notes that sometimes the stress ordered for cases of angina (chest pains) are uncalled for (and sometimes fatal)   I know that the stress test requires the subject to jog or walk briskly on a treadmill for at least 30 minutes until the maximum heart rate is reached.  So that is 220- age.  So if you are 30 years old that would be 190.  That is really stressing your body and your heart to the max.

For me who can bike for 3 hours and up to 90% of my maximal effort, I could manage maybe l40 beats per minute.

But for somebody with angina and or heart disease, he would not last 10 minutes or may collapse and die.

Will you do a stress test?  Is this iatrogenesis?

Stress Test Sometimes not Needed for Angina










0 comments:

Post a Comment